Pro XS – Outrun everything!
Run with the engine that keeps setting new standards for performance—and winning. Anglers powered by Pro XS outboards have won more bass fishing tournaments than all other brands combined. With lightning-quick acceleration and top speed, legendary reliability, and lightweight design, it’s everything you need to push it farther, faster, and harder.
- Engine Details: Engineers packed incredible power into this lightweight and compact outboard. Great for bass and multi-species fishing boats.
- Take it to the Limit: No outboard gets from zero to wide-open quicker than a Mercury Pro XS, now with V8 4.6-liter and V6 3.4-liter muscle. This is performance that will rocket your rig out of the hole and to the next hot spot in a blur. These Pro XS models feature generous displacement in a performance-tuned powerhead with a deep-breathing double-overhead-cam design and long-runner intake tract that delivers instant throttle response at any speed.
- Discover better boating: Active Trim by Mercury makes boating easier and more enjoyable by automatically trimming your engine. Active Trim simplifies boat operation while improving engine performance and decreasing fuel costs.
- HP / kW: 175 / 130
- Engine type: V-6
- MidSection: Conventional MidSection
- Displacement (CID/CC): 209
- Displacement (L): 3.4
- Cylinder Configuration: V-6 [64 degree] with Dual Overhead Cam [DOHC] and 24-valves
- Full throttle RPM: 5400-6000
- Air induction: Performance-Tuned Long-Runner Intake Manifold
- Fuel induction system: Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) Computer Controlled with Advanced Range Optimization
- Alternator amp / Watt: 85-amp (1071 Watt) with Idle Charge
- Recommended fuel: Unleaded Regular 87 Octane Minimum (R+M/2) or 90 RON 10% Ethanol Maximum
- Recommended oil: NMMA Certified FCW SAE 10W-30
- Engine protection operator warning system: SmartCraft Engine Guardian
- Compatible with SmartCraft digital technology: Yes
- Starting: Electric Start with SmartStart Protection
- Controls: Remote Mechanical
- Steering: Big Tiller (optional); Hydraulic (standard); Power (optional)
- Shaft length: 25″ / 635 mm
- Gearcase ratio: 1.85:1
- Dry weight: 470 lbs / 213 kgs
- CARB star rating: 3
- Bore and stroke: 3.6 in x 3.4 in / 92 mm x 86 mm
- Ignition: SmartCraft PCM 112 Digital Inductive
- Cooling system: Water-cooled with thermostat
- Gear shift: F-N-R
- Gearcase options: 4.8″
- Trim system: Power trim and tilt
- Exhaust system: Through prop
- Color: Phantom Black
- Lubrication system: Integrated wet sump
- Oil Capacity: 7.0 Quarts / 6.6 Liters
- Maximum Trim Range: 20° (-6° to 14°)
- Maximum Tilt Range: 73° (-6° to 67°)
Dry Weight based on lightest model available.